If someone violates a protective order, there are — the remedy would be the police would be involved. You'll get arrested. So, basically, a protective order is usually good for two years, and it has all the specific things you cannot do. For instance, you can't go by that person's — within 200 feet of them or their residence or their employer. So it has some very specific things. A restraining order is different. It's a standard thing that's given that's a mutual thing where it just says be nice to each other, don't hit, hurt or harass, where a protective order is more — is stronger, it's more specific, and it will be fought by the other party more, possibly. So it depends on your particular situation whether you want a restraining order or a protective order.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades